Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Something I think about alot!!

I'm not sure where i heard this but i sure have thought about it alot, life is 10% action and 90% reaction. The more I think about it the more it seems to be true.
No matter where we go or what we do we are chooseing the way we act or react. And more times than not what we do effects someone else. Then it is their choice on how to act or react.
We can think we are doing the nicest thing for someone and depending on how they choose to react towards what we have done can, in their eyes, make it nice or nosey or inconsiderate or silly or a number of things.
I know for myself that I do it backwards most of the time, I assume what all the reaction "could" be and it keeps me from doing the action. This is a hard thing to change, i keep telling myself that if i do something with good intention it will be ok because i can not control the reaction that will come from it.
Anyway a little deep but I just wanted to share......

3 comments:

TiffaniS said...

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

I LOVE this quote and I try to remember that if I do my best to lift others up and be the kind of friend I want others to be to me...then that's the best I can do. What's the quote? If a person is offended when offence wasn't intended, that person is a fool. Anyway...That's my thought on this post. You're a really good person Heidi. People who know you, love you.

Jacobson said...

Well I have to admit I am the same way. I think of how people are going to react to things I may do for them. Then after I stress about how to make a good reaction if someone did something for me. Kinda makes sense....maybe not. We should have a goal each month or something and do this together!! Heid I love you so so so much! Never forget that!
Love,
Jess
ps the letters I had to spell to get this on your blog were mentl!! How ironic!! Like mental....that's how we are.....yeah.....

Anonymous said...

Heidi, you are amazing! I love you just the way you are! You are real and sincere! Hugs, Kelly