Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Are ya achin for some bacon?






These are a few of our 40 new piggies......Aren't they so cute??? Stetson asked Joe if he would bring one of them to his school to show his teacher. Joe actually brought it in the house and gave it a wash down and took it to school for him. Well apparently, Stets ended up taking it to three classes. He said that one of his teachers was holding it so close he thought she was going to smoother it.


Then Joe decided to pop in on Ru class and also Scooches class at the elementary school. Then he dropped in on Amy Jo's class to show them. I was kinda worried about that one, there is a kido there that doesn't appreciate loud noises and if that pig had squealed like they usually do he would have bolted.


Anyway, I'm glad that he took it to their schools, I think the kids had a great time showing their classmates. So i hope if any of your kids got a chance to see it , that it was a positive experience for them.

8 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Everyone remained calmmmmmm.....the little piggy was sleeping. They are cute but it makes me hungry for some yummy pork. Sorry I know they are your cute babies, but it is the other wihite meat you know. Just trying to support the hog industry. Thanks for letting Joe bring it in. We called him Wilbur.

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I told Jason to see if you had had your baby pigs yet. We still think the best pork we have ever bought came from you. We need to get in line now, or they will be all gone. Do you sell your pigs as babies? Just wondering because I kind of wanted the kids to help out with some outside chores and Jason and I thought a pig would be a good idea.

Katie B said...

No....I'm achin' for some sausage! We loved that sausage you brought for christmas one year! Kassie was bummed she missed the piggy at school. We'll just have to come over to the house to see them. ....If they don't stink! :)

Angie said...

The little piggies are soo cute. . I can't smell them from here. My kids came home from school and told me Ru had brought a piggy to school. What a good dad.

Tiffany Joy said...

A pig at school... who would have thought?

Our Newman 6 said...

Your piggies are so cute. We didn't see them at school but we loved seeing them in your sparkling little nursery of a not stinky barn(tell katie they don't stink). My mick wants to have pigs here at our house but he really only likes them when they are cute and little. Thanks for sharing.

TiffaniS said...

Oh my gosh! How great is that?! What a great Dad! I'll have to bring the kids by to see the 40+ stinky little critters!

Brett said...

I think that is so neat of Joe for taking the little piggie around. I can just see him/her sitting on the seat next to Joe.