Thursday, May 22, 2008

Farm animal day...


Today Joe and I and Stetson got to go to Mountain View Elementary in Brigham for their farm animal day. We took two little pigs for the kids to pet and see.

Joe really didn't know what he was in for and thought it would be like a petting zoo type thing where the kids would come in and take a looksie and maybe ask a ? or two and then leave....WRONG...... We got there and he realized that there would be 5 sessions of classes that would come in for 40 min each. So we had to fill up 40 mins worth of talking to the kids about pig facts, 5 TIMES!!!!! Yikes... it turned out to be great fun and the kids were alot of fun to see all their different reactions. Especially when we told them that ham was a pigs butt.... "I'm never eating a ham sandwich again" is what we heard the most. Then there was the occasional animal lover that insisted we shouldn't kill them because they are soooooooo cute....ugh.

I am so proud of my two guys, they did a great job!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

40 Min, wow... I will have to bring Abigale out to see your little piglets one day... then maybe we could visit for a bit.
Take care Friend!

Amy Jo said...

What a fun thing for your kids to get to do. I don't think I could BS for 40 minutes about pigs.