Thursday, May 8, 2008

WOW!!

Wow, I had to dig this one out of the archives!! This is my favorite family picture ever..(mostly because it shows all four kids, and I look thin) I had to scan it (I finally learned to scan, so watch out they'll be lots of oldies but goodies) then crop it, then try to fit it in the blog space. SO its not the best but good enough for this gal.
A song comes to mind as I look at this, its by Trace Adkins

It goes like this

She was staring out the window of their SUV
Complaining, saying "I can't wait to turn 18"
She said "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules"
Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school
Then she kissed her head and said "I was just like you"

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Before she knows it she's a brand new bride
In a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by
He tells her,"It's a nice place."
She says "It'll do for now."
Starts talking about babies and buying a house
Daddy shakes his head and says, "Baby, just slow down"

Chorus

Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
Dog's barkin', phone's ringing,
One kids cryin, one kids screamin
And she keeps apologizin'
He says "They don't bother me.
I've got two babies of my own.
Ones 36, ones 23
Huh, it's hard to believe, but....

chorus

(If i ever get the darn music thing to work i'll put it on that but till then...)

Anyway, I do miss it and I do want it back, but I do realize that my kids will only be the age they are now, once and I sure better enjoy it....

8 comments:

amber said...

WOW! Look at you go! Just today you told me you couldn't scan...you have been busy! I LOVE the picture! You have such a cute family. love ya!

Katie B said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that! Thanks for the reminder, I love that song too. It makes me cry everytime I hear it.... but who am I kidding, EVERYTHING makes me cry! :)

Your kids are so sweet! I love those little baby faces!

TiffaniS said...

Great picture! That is a great song...and I too need to enjoy each day, each moment, each chapter. There is a quote from this last conference that I just love, it's a good reminder, "I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less." Anyway, thanks Heidi! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend! Love that picture its crazy because thats is how old your kids were when we were able to hang out more. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER! :0) Love you tons.. hope your doing good friend,
Crystal

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I love that picture. I love the summers' baby faces too, and the song.

Amy Jo said...

Nicely said, Great picture

Amy Jo said...

Hey I just noticed you all have BUM shirts on. They used to be my favorite shirts too. That ages me alittle.

Heather said...

You and Joe really haven't changed. Your kids are just older. Leave it to Trace to say it like it is. Thanks for sharing your archives!