Saturday, June 7, 2008

Away at last!!

Well we finally got away for a family vacation, with just the family..... We went to Vernal for their stock show and the kids each took a hog to show. They did so well and had a great time. It is amazing how much better they get with every fair.
Ruger took 2nd in his division in fitting and showmanship (thats where the judge judges you instead of your hog) and Stetson got third in his division. So they were excited. Ruger got a big ol belt buckle which he slept with that night. And Stets got a really nice garment bag(he wasn't so thrilled, but I was). Levi did good, it was his first fitting a showmanship so he is still just learning. Brandi had some tough competition and her hog didn't want to participate to good so she was just glad to have it done.

Anyway it was a great time, full of fun memories....

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Way to go you guys! I love those quick get aways. I am glad you got to go with your family!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi,
WAY TO GO to the kids! I love vernal... weird I know, I just have a couple friends there I miss... so glad you were able to go with your family. These are the days they will remember!
Take Care friend!
Crystal

Angie said...

I'm excited for you Hide!! Cool that you got to be alone as a family! Yeah for you! That's so awesome that the kids did well. . tell them congratulations!