Sunday, January 27, 2008

an angel in my eyes....



B-Boo got her medallion in Y W last week. And i am so greatful for her tremendous spirit in my home. The relationship i have with her is sometihing i hope never to loose. She has taught me so much in my life! Especially encouragement. I have worried alot at times that when her friends see me that I would maybe an embarrassement to her because im not the smallest or the prettiest mother, but never once has she even hesitated to introduce me to her friends even with a hug to go along with it. She truely amazes me.
I also want to tell all of you that have taught her in Y W or Sunday school or in any area of her life. Thank you so much!!! A Young Women now days can never have enough support when it comes to gospel and friendship not matter the age.
She also tries very hard to be a good friend. And being a Freshman Girl isn't the easiest thing now a days. And she deals with it pretty well. I'm very proud of her for sticking to her beliefs even if it does mean loosing a friend for a few weeks. And the hardest thing i have found, so far, being a mother is seeing your children hurt because someone else just wants to drag them down. It is a heart breaker.....Hoping that it will only make them a stronger person in the long run... I will try to get her pic posted with this when joe lets me touch the camera (im "kinda" kidding) he is getting better to let em touch it!!!

5 comments:

amber said...

She is amazing! I really miss her in Beehives! She worked so hard to earn her medallion and I am SO proud of her!

Katie B said...

She is soooo AMAZING! I love her and I am so proud of her! I am looking forward to the pic's when joe is no longer so stingy! :0)

Heather said...

I'm soooo lucky to be one of her leaders. That girl is one in a million. I am continually impressed with her. I can't even explain the example and impact she has had on me in just the few months I've been in YW. You are one lucky mom to have such a gem for a daughter, you've rubbed off on her! If you are anything like her, then you are mighty special too. Cheers! I only wish I'd had friends like her when I was her age.

Angie said...

I love her. . and it takes a pretty special mom to raise a special daughter, so don't sell yourself short! You are both very special people in my life, and I cherish the friendships that I have with you both!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

First off I wanted to let you know she is completely an Angel. I am so excited for her. When she was in my class, years ago, she was a great help and her special spirit shows. Heidi, you may not think you look perfect in her eyes, but I have noticed how she is around you and she does see you as the perfect mom. What a wonderful relationship you both must have if she feels completely comfotable with her mom at her age, no matter what. WHat a breakthrough. You are something she aspires to be in so many ways, even if you don't always see what she loves. You have taught her that the inner beauty shows the real person. By the way you are not big. You are awesome to all of us mothers. Maybe you can give me some pointers because my daughter already does the imbarrassment thing with me.