Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A poem i wrote

the time I have wanted to share this poem that I wrote a while ago, and the time was never quite right. I don't know what has changed butseems good so here it is. I hope that you enjoy it.
She came down from heaven loaded with gifts
That the Father had given to her.
He told her these gifts She would treasure.
But there were trials she would need to endure.

Her Father in Heaven assured her
That he would always be there by her side.
And if she would take but a moment to ask
He would be more than willing to guide.

A beautiful girl with her gifts from heaven
Did not think that this earth would be bad
God had created a wonderful place.
To enjoy all of the gifts she now had.

She found her a place in a meadow
That was filled with the colors she loved.
The greens and the whites and the blues and pinks
It reminded her of being with God

She laid on the ground and looked up to the sky
She saw butterflies and heard the birds sing
She closed her eyes gently and took a deep breath
And felt the breeze from an angels wing

The angel knelt down right beside her
And gently caressed her sweet cheek.
Promise me please, dear child of god
Come hear when its peace that you seek

When life on this earth becomes too much to take
When your hearts filled with pain and dispare
Come back to this meadow in heart and in mind
I’ll be here and your heartaches we’ll share

I’ll remind you of your gifts from heaven
Like courage, and knowledge, and strength
And how these gifts will help you go on
And endure life no matter its length.

Your spirit is strong and is willing
Your mind will, at times, be confused
Your heart will know there is safety close by
And your soul you will never loose.

Your time on this earth is important
You will experience true joy and true pain
But remember when storm clouds gather
How much you love the smell of the rain.

Your Father in Heaven is ready
Even a whisper will not pass him by
He wants to surround you with the blessing of peace
Until you can be by his side

So remember dear child, even though you can’t see
The angel of heaven around you
I will never be too far away from your side
To help when the darkness surrounds you.

And when there is too much, for your mind to carry
Off to that meadow we’ll go
The one that is filled with the beauties of earth
And the peace that your hearts come to know
Author-Heidi Summers

5 comments:

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

I had no idea you wrote poetry. That was so spiritual it had me in tears. I hope you don't mind I checked out your blog. It was great seeing you at the church lastnight. Hope to hear more of your work.

Lisa Summers

Heather said...

Heidi, WOW! That poem was grand! Your Brandi impressed me AGAIN last night at Y.W. She's one of my favorites. I look forward to getting to know her mom better.
Heather

Katie B said...

My Heidi Friend, you are so awesome and talented! I luv ya! I told Kristian last night she needs to grow up to be just like Brandi! I luv her to death! What a great mom you are!

Angie said...

You are so talented! That is such a great poem. . so inspiring. You make me want to be a better person. Thanks for being my friend! Love you!!

TiffaniS said...

So glad you shared. We are all very blessed to know you and call you friend.